a) Users who access and consult the Website and/or use the Foundation’s Comparison Service as “User”; “Users”.
b) Users who access, consult the Website and/or use the Comparison Service and then purchase the Foundation’s services as “You”.
The User guarantees that personal data provided to the Foundation are correct, exact and updated, being responsible at all times to communicate any modification thereof to the Foundation which may in turn manage, adequately, the contractual relation between the parties. In the same vein, the User expressly recognizes that in case s/he has not provided the correct, updated information to the Foundation, the latter shall not provide its Services to the former.
The Foundation, being an entity located in Switzerland, is subject to Swiss law regarding the protection of personal data. For that reason, the Foundation undertakes to comply with obligations imposed by Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection of 19 June 1992 (FADP). In the same vein, the Foundation informs its Users that the Decision of the Commission of 26 July 2000 in accordance with Directive 95/46/CE of the European Parliament and the Council relating to the adequate level of protection for personal data in Switzerland declared that, in Switzerland, laws guarantee an adequate level of protection in accordance with Directive 95/46/CE.
In accordance with Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection of 19 June 1992 and with Article 45 of the Swiss Federal Act on the Supervision of Insurance Companies of 17 December 2004 (FASIC) we inform our Users that their personal data is processed and kept by the Foundation in the manner and for the means as follows, in accordance with the LPD and LSA.
- The party responsible for the processing of Users’ personal data is lastminute foundation with headquarters at Vicolo dei Calvi 2, Chiasso SWITZERLAND (hereinafter, the “Data Controller” too).
- The Foundation will collect your personal data, in your role as User, using the following sources:
- Directly from you, as you directly provide the information to the Foundation by compiling the registration form for any Foundation Services on the Website or via telephone to our Customer Care Team. Such data as your name, surname, email address, phone number, etc. are necessary for the provision of the Services requested from the Foundation.
- From IT systems and software present on the Website to guarantee its correct functioning and which implicitly, during normal use, utilize internet communication protocols. This information is not collected directly to be associated with you, but rather, due to its own nature, may identify you. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers connected to the Websites, uniform resource identifiers for requests made, the time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the archive obtained as a response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (correct, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the operating system and the computer environment used. These data are used only to compile anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website and to control its correct functioning. The data may be used to establish liability in case of potential computer crimes damaging the Website.
What follows is a description of the type of cookies used in the website:
- Types of cookies according to the managing entity
Depending on what entity manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and processed, there exist the following types of cookies:
- First party cookies: these are sent to your Device from a computer or domain managed by us and from which the service you requested is provided.
- Third party cookies: these are sent to your Device from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by a separate entity that processes data obtained through cookies.
- Types of cookies according to the length of time you stay connected:
Depending on the amount of time you remain active on your Device, these are the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are designed to receive and store data while you access the Website. These cookies do not remain stored on your Device when you exit the session or browser.
- Persistent cookies: these types of cookies remain stored on your Device and can be accessed and processed after you exit the Website as well as when you navigate on it for a pre-determined period of time. The cookie remains on the hard drive until it reaches its expiration date. The maximum time we use persistent cookies on our Website is 2 years. At this point the browser would purge the cookie from the hard drive.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose
Cookies can be grouped as follows:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website and are essential for browsing and allow the use of various features. Without them, you cannot use the search function, compare tool or book other available services on our Website.
- Personalization cookies: these are used to make navigating our Website easier, as well as to remember your selections and offer more personalized services. In some cases, we may allow advertisers or other third parties to place cookies on our Website to provide personalized content and services. In any case, your use of our Website serves as your acceptance of the use of this type of cookie. If cookies are blocked, we cannot guarantee the functioning of such services.
- Analytical cookies for statistical purposes and measuring traffic: these cookies gather information about your use of our Website, the pages you visit and any errors that may occur during navigation. We also use these cookies to recognize the place of origin for visits to our Website. These cookies do not gather information that may personally identify you. All information is collected in an anonymous manner and is used to improve the functioning of our Website through statistical information. Therefore, these cookies do not contain personal data. In some cases, some of these cookies are managed on our behalf by third parties, but may not be used by them for purposes other than those mentioned above.
To that end, we can also use the services of a third party in order to collect data and/or publish ads when you visit our Website. These companies often use anonymous and aggregated information (not including, for example, your name, address, email address or telephone number) regarding visits to this Website and others in order to publish ads about goods and services of interest to you.
To see the list of cookies used on this Website, click here http://flights.lastminute.com/content/en/our-cookies.html.
The information contained in the above list of cookies has been provided by the other companies which generate them. These companies have their own privacy policies in which they set forth both their own declarations as well as applicable disabling systems.
You must keep in mind that if your Device does not have cookies enabled, your experience on the Website may be limited, thereby impeding the navigation and use of our services.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. By modifying your browser settings, you can opt to disable cookies or receive a notification before accepting them. You can also erase all cookies installed in your browser’s cookie folder. Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. Here’s how you manage cookies in the various major browsers:
If you use another browser, please read its help menu for more information.
If you would like information about managing cookies on your tablet or smartphone, please read the related documentation or help archives online.
- Users’ personal information is processed electronically and/or manually, guaranteeing security and confidentiality of the same, and avoiding any type of unauthorized access. The Foundation guarantees that the data will be processed in accordance with established uses and strictly within the time frame necessary to comply with the uses for which it is collected.
- Users’ personal data is processed in the Data Controller’s registered office, on lastminute.com group servers located in Haarlem, the Netherlands, and in the offices of other entities to which data may be provided in order to provide the Services requested of the Foundation.
- As specified in Clause 4, data furnished by the User to the Foundation are processed for the following uses:
A. The collection, maintenance and processing of personal data in order to create and maintain the contractual relation established for the provision of the Service requested by the User , in all its phases and by way of any possible integration and modification.
B. The sending of information via email, phone or SMS relative to the established contractual relationship, including any communication relating to modifications thereof.
C. Compliance with legal obligations and current law.
D. The collection, maintenance and processing of data to carry out anonymous, aggregative statistical analyses.
E. The Data Controller’s transmission - in cases permitted by law and except where the User has denied his consent - of advertising material via email or other equivalent electronic communication regarding similar or complementary products to those offered on the Website; on some occasions, with the exception of the Italian market, the Data Controller may send the User a personalized version of the aforementioned advertisement materials.
F. Without prejudice to the provisions of the preceding paragraph E, and only with the express consent of the User , to the Data Controller’s sending via email, phone, mail, SMS or MMS of the best deals on products and services marketed by the Owner or its partners or business partners operating in the following sectors: tourism, leisure, entertainment, high technology, fashion, decoration, consumer goods, food and beverage, finance, banking, insurance, energy, environment, communication, mass media, real estate, pharmaceuticals, clothing and textiles, education and training, energy, publications and publishing, information and communications technology, retail, sport, telecommunications and general services. On some occasions and with the exception of the Italian market, the Data Controller can inform the user - in a personalized manner - of the best available offers, adapting them to his/her tastes and preferences.
G. In case you access the “My Area” section of the lastminute.com group, the Foundation shall process the reservation data for the specified uses as per the terms and conditions of this service, which consist of availing You of a free, user-friendly service to facilitate the search and localization of reservations carried out with any Foundation of the lastminute.com group in any of its Websites.
- In case the User does not provide correct data for the uses foreseen within sections A and B of the previous clause, the User cannot obtain the requested Service since the Foundation may not be able to furnish such services or comply with its contractual regulations as per the terms and conditions.
Processing of personal data for the uses described in sections A, B, C, D, and E of the previous clause does not require the separate consent of the Users .
Processing of personal data for the uses described in section F of the previous clause does not require the separate consent of the Users , which will be specifically requested by the Foundation. In the event that Users do not provide data for the above purpose, subject to the provisions of the section E, the Data Controller cannot send the User commercial offers to which the section F refers.
- The Data Controller guarantees that the personal data in its possession will not be released and will be processed so that the security and discretion thereof is guaranteed, in any case avoiding unauthorized access.
- The Foundation's employees and/or collaborators that assist and advise the Data Controller on Administration, Products, Legal Affairs, Customer Care Team, and IT, as well as those in charge of maintaining the Foundation's network and hardware/software equipment;
- Parties authorized to access personal data in accordance with current law.
The list of parties to which Users’ personal data may be communicated is available at the registered office of the Foundation and may be requested by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any User whose data has been processed by the Foundation can exercise the following rights by writing to the Foundation: i) that the Data Controller confirms whether or not his/her personal data exists in its files; ii) to determine the origin of its personal data, and the means for, and methods by which it is processed; iii) obtain identifying details from the Data Controller or from its designated processing parties, if such parties were designated; iv) determine the parties or categories of parties to which their personal data may be communicated or which may learn of their personal data in their role as designated individuals; v) anonymously cancel, modify or block processed information, as well as the update, correction or integration of such data by the Data Controller, and vi) obtain a verification that the operations referred to in point v) above have been carried out and brought to the knowledge, even as regards their content, of those to whom such data has been communicated or sent, unless this proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate use of means when compared to the right being protected; vii) oppose the complete or partial processing of personal data, for legitimate reasons; viii) oppose the processing of data for advertisement, direct sales or market or commercial research means.
The above requests must be sent to the Foundation at email@example.com.
In the same vein, in order to refuse offers sent via email from the Foundation as well as to exercise the aforementioned rights, You may unsubscribe from said commercial communication by clicking the link at the bottom of every commercial communication sent by the Foundation for such purpose.
Finally, and without prejudice to rights existing in accordance with the preceding clause, we inform you that in certain countries there exist registries which you can join in order to avoid receiving advertisements via determined means, like, for example, mail or phone. These registries differ from country to country and have particular terms and conditions.
1.- What are cookies?
Cookies are information that often contains an anonymous, unique identification code that is sent to the browser by a web server and is stored on the hard disk of the user. Later, in the event that subsequent connections to the website are made, these cookies can be read and recognized by the website as they been aggregated during earlier connections. They are primarily used to operate or improve the functioning of the website, as well as provide business and marketing information to the website’s owner.
3.- Types of cookies used on our website
A user browsing the website may encounter cookies inserted by the owner of the website ("proper cookies") or cookies inserted by different entities collaborating in the promotion of content and the delivery of our services ("direct third-party cookies").
The website’s cookies are used as detailed below and for the purposes herein described:
A. Technical Cookies:
a. Cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the website: essential to enable website browsing and the functioning of various features. Without these you cannot use search services, shopping comparisons, and other services available on the website.
b. Customization cookies: These are used to facilitate navigation of the website, to record the options you have chosen on the website and provide more personalized features. In some cases we allow advertisers or third parties to place cookies on our website to provide personalized content and services. In any case, the use of our website constitutes acceptance of the use of this type of cookie. If cookies are blocked, we cannot guarantee the optimal functioning of the website.
B. Cookies for advertising and re-marketing purposes: used to collect user information in order to display advertisements on the website or third party sites.
C. Social Cookies: These cookies allow our website to be shared and allow for "Like" clicks on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google + etc.
The lifespan of the cookies we use may vary. In particular, there are session cookies that are only valid for a single search or browsing session and disappear when the browser is closed; and persistent cookies, which have a variable lifespan. The maximum lifespan of cookies in this second category is 5 years.
4.- Management of cookies
Users should be aware that if cookies are not enabled on your device, your website experience may be limited and the use of our services and navigation could be impeded.
4.1.- How are cookies disabled/enabled?
There are several ways to manage cookies. By modifying browser settings you can choose to disable cookies or receive a warning before accepting one. Also, users can delete all cookies stored in the cookie folder of their browser. Each browser has different procedures for managing configuration. Here’s how you can manage cookies on the major browsers. If you want information about managing cookies on your tablet and/or phone, please consult the operating manual or online help services.
MICROSOFT WINDOWS EXPLORER
If you want to learn how to manage cookies on other browsers, please consult the operating manual or online help services.
4.2.- How can you disable/enable third-party cookies?